Mobile Phone Statistics
Mobile is Taking Over Desktop Use
- 51% of the time spent online in the US is on mobile devices.
- Social media takes 25% of all digital media consumption and it is mainly accessed on mobile.
- Mobile market share worldwide is 52.1% compared to the desktop market share of 44.2%.
- 40% of people search only on a smartphone.
- More than half of all video views come from mobile devices.
If you are 60+ years old and a Buncombe County resident seeing employment tech assistance, contact the Digital Literacy team to schedule time for one-to-one help for your:
- Mobile device (Android-Google or iOS-Apple)
- Desktop computer (Mac, Windows, or Chromebook)
55+ Mobile Vs Desktop Usage Stats You Should Know in 2021. TechJury. Published March 12, 2019. Accessed June 6, 2021. https://techjury.net/blog/mobile-vs-desktop-usage