As broadband becomes more available, those below the digital divide may need assistance with digital skills.
A neighbor, friend, family member may approach a steward of digital skills.
Strategy of Blending Technology Learning
According to Oxford Languages, blended learning is a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
Skills for a Tech Professor
What are the skills needed for an effective technology professor?
- Learn online technologies without assistance.
- Successfully troubleshoot familiar unfamiliar technological issues that you and learners encounter.
- Select quality online content resources relevant to student learning needs
- Model the legal and appropriate use of instructional materials.
- Ensure student online privacy.
- Model online safety for learners.
- Ensure academic honesty in an online learning space.
- Ensure access to online learning experiences for all learners.
Learning Management Systems
- Use the tools found in a learning management system.
- Use content-specific education apps outside of the learning management system.
Multimedia Creation Tools
- Leverage multimedia tools to create or edit content found online to meet the needs of your students.
- Use a plethora of tools for communication with learners, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Use student information systems to communicate activity and performance data to learners, parents, and other stakeholders.
What additional skills should a professor of digital skills include?
Email Marc@DigLig.Net with your thoughts or comments. Also, please let Marc know of anybody that maybe interested in becoming a Professor of Digital Skills in Western North Carolina / Metro Asheville Area.
Lynch M. 20 Things Educators Need to Know About Digital Literacy Skills - The Tech Edvocate. The Tech Edvocate. Published January 21, 2022. Accessed January 25, 2022. https://www.thetechedvocate.org/20-things-educators-need-to-know-about-digital-literacy-skills/